The infamous turmeric has been around for thousands of years. It has so many health benefits, which are mainly because of its main active ingredient called curcumin. Curcumin contains more than two dozen anti-inflammatory compounds and is a very strong antioxidant known for its antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal activity.
Curcumin helps decrease joint pain and swelling, is a natural liver detoxifier, and can even be mixed into a paste and applied topically to treat acne and eczema.
How can you add more turmeric to your diet? Aside from my favorite, turmeric tea, these gummies are an excellent way!
2 cups water
½ tablespoon ground turmeric
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil (see note)
4 tablespoons unflavored gelatin powder
9” x 6” Pyrex dish
1. In a saucepan, combine water, turmeric, honey, and coconut oil. Heat on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Check sweetness and adjust to taste.
3. Remove from the heat and sprinkle gelatin powder over warm liquid.
4. Whisk vigorously for about 1 minute, ensuring gelatin powder is completely dissolved.
5. Pour into a dish and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until gelatin is firm and you can cut it into small portions with a knife.
6. Store in an airtight container. Will keep up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Note: The coconut oil is used to enhance absorption of the valuable curcuminoids in the turmeric powder, but it may create a thin white layer on the surface of the gummies.
If you want more delicious turmeric recipes, here are others from our collection:
Allergy Fighting Turmeric Twist Smoothie
Turmeric Ginger Latte
Soba Noodles with Kale and Turmeric Tahini Sauce
Coconut Turmeric Bites
Golden Turmeric Tea