Pro-Bifidus LGI 45B Capsules, 90ct
- Buy 2 for $53.96 each and save 10%
For Microbiome Health
- Contains 7 different strains of bifidus bacteria and 45 billion BCFUs (bacterial colony forming units) that target colonization sites in the lower gastrointestinal tract.
- Contains 1 BCFU of Saccharomyces boulardii
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Supports digestive function
- Promotes vibrant brain function through healthy neurotransmitter balance stemming from the gut.
Pro-Bifidus LGI 45B
The bacteria undergo a freeze-drying process that protects these live probiotics from the harsh acidic environment of the stomach. This allows them to colonize at the most appropriate absorption site and allows the product to be stored at room temperature.
Take one capsule daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
BIFIDOBACTERIA IN PRO-BIFIDUS LGI 45B
Pro-bifidus LGI 45B contains 7 different strains of Bifidobacteria and 1 BCFU of Saccharomyces boulardii.
Bifidobacteria are a group of “friendly” bacteria found primarily in the colon, which is the lower end of the gastrointestinal tract (LGI). In breastfed infants, Bifidobacterium accounts for more than 80% of all intestinal bacteria; however, as we age, that number drastically declines to only make up 3-6% of adult fecal flora.
Bifidobacteria have a profound effect on the immune system, digestive health and brain function.
BIFIDOBACTERIA AND DIGESTIVE HEALTH
Bifidobacteria assist in creating a balanced intestinal environment by crowding out harmful bacteria. They’re crucial for those with gut dysbiosis and maintain the integrity of the gut lining. These bacteria also produce acetic and lactic acids that may help inhibit the growth of unfriendly flora.
BIFIDOBACTERIA AND IMMUNE HEALTH
Your gut is your biggest immune system organ. In fact, about 80% of the body’s immune system is located in the gastrointestinal tract in the form of receptor cells. Because of this prime location, what happens in the gut profoundly influences immune function, making the balance between “good” and “bad” bacteria of paramount importance.
A healthy gut contains a large, thriving population of beneficial or friendly bacteria that support immune system receptor cells. Bifidobacterium attach to cells in the intestines and colon to form a protective barrier. This barrier provides defense against toxins and germs and plays an important role in immune response. This makes the gut a significant factor in maintaining a healthy immune system.
BIFIDOBACTERIA AND BRAIN FUNCTION
There is a definite connection between the brain and gut. Leaky gut = leaky brain. The gut contains more than 100 million neurons– nerve cells– which makes it highly sensitive, just like the brain – in fact, it’s often referred to as “the little brain.” Beneficial gut bacteria produce important chemicals for brain health, like glutamate and GABA, which affect behavior, mood, and our ability to cope with stress.
The balance and diversity of gut bacteria helps maintain a normal inflammatory response in the body, and therefore the brain. Diversity of good bacteria is extremely important.
MULTIPLE STRAINS OF BIFIDOBACTERIA
Multiple strains of probiotics are preferred because each strain has a purpose. Each one thrives in a different part of the digestive tract and works in a different way. Variety is key!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BIFIDOBACTERIA
- Ferment a number of different types of carbohydrates to produce acids in the colon to maintain healthy pH balance.
- Generate substances that improve resistance against pathogenic bacteria.
- Capable of producing Vitamins B1, B3 and Folate.
- Support healthy digestion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
- Maintain healthy gastrointestinal function.
- Support healthy, comfortable fluid balance and healthy transit time during elimination.
- Promote cellular integrity and energy production.
- Support healthy cholesterol metabolism.
- Promote healthy oxidative balance and a normal inflammatory response.
- Support a healthy response to environmental toxins.
- Support healthy skin.
- Promote healthy lung and sinus function.
- Maintain healthy weight management.
- Promote brain derived neurotropic factor for healthy brain and nervous system function.
- Maintain healthy electrolyte balance.
- Support healthy levels of short chain fatty acids to nourish the colon cells.