- This product offers a high dose of Vitamin B12 in a great-tasting, berry sublingual tablet. It contains the methylated forms of vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) and folate (6S-5-methyltetrahydrofolate), which are considered the most bioavailable and physiologically active forms the body can utilize.
- Dissolved sublingually allows B12 to absorb directly into the mucosal tissue of the mouth, where it can bypass barriers of the digestive system and become immediately available to the body.
Methyl B12 with Methylfolate
Each berry flavored tablet easily dissolves under the tongue and provides 5000 mcg of methylcobalamin,
an active, tissue-ready form of vitamin B12. It is paired with 800 mcg of folate as
Vitamin B12 and Folate work together to help maintain the health of the gastrointestinal tract, nervous
system, and the metabolism of protein and fats. Both maintain homocysteine levels that are already in
the normal range, and during pregnancy, folate is required in higher quantities pre-pregnancy and in the
first months of pregnancy to support the fetus’s proper neural tube development.
Vitamin B12 Health Benefits:
- Supports healthy energy levels by aiding the body’s conversion of foods into usable energy
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system – helps maintain proper homocysteine levels by
assisting in the proper functioning of the biochemical cycle between the amino acids
homocysteine and methionine.
- Maintains healthy brain function by aiding the body’s natural production of the
neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) needed for memory and learning.
- Maintains healthy serotonin levels, which affect the sleep-wake cycle as well as supporting good
concentration and alertness throughout the day.
- Helps the body maintain optimal nerve cell function and a healthy myelin sheath, which encases
and protects the nerve cells.
- Provides adequate vitamin B12 for vegans and vegetarians who do not consume animal foods,
the only source of vitamin B12.
- Supports the production and maintenance of healthy red blood cells
Methylcobalamin versus Cyanocobalamin
Most vitamin B12 supplements contain cyanocobalamin; however, before it can become functional, the
liver must first "detoxify" the cyanide molecule and attach a methyl group to form methylcobalamin
from the cyanocobalamin.
The benefit of methylcobalamin is it is already in the biologically active, tissue-ready form. Evidence
indicates the body utilizes methylcobalamin more efficiently than it does cyanocobalamin.
Research shows the quantity of cobalamin detected following a small oral dose of methylcobalamin is
similar to the amount following administration of cyanocobalamin; but significantly more cobalamin
accumulates in liver tissue following administration of methylcobalamin. Human urinary excretion of
methylcobalamin is about one-third that of a similar dose of cyanocobalamin, indicating substantially
greater tissue retention.
Highlights of Vitamin B12 Sublingual Tablets
- Contains 5000mcg of fully activated methylcobalamin
- Highly absorbable for quickly replenishing vitamin B12 in the body
- Ideal for elderly individuals who are unable to adequately absorb dietary vitamin B12
- Delicious berry flavor
Serving Size: 1 sublingual tablet
Directions: Take 1 tablet daily. Place under the tongue and allow to dissolve slowly, alternating its
position to avoid prolonged contact with the same area, or use as directed by your healthcare