Eight Immune Supplements
- Nov 6, 2022
- Kelly Harrington, MS, RDN
Maximize your Body’s Immunity EVERY DAY!
It’s important to give your immune system all the nutrients it needs to create a powerful and natural resistance to invading bacteria and viruses. These eight Healthy Goods products will ensure your immune system functions at its optimum level. Some work cohesively for both long- and short-term immune support. Some are great for short-term immune support and others are great for long-term immune support.
VRL Shield and the Immune System
- Excellent for those experiencing a chronic viral challenge.
- Supports immune function and resistance.
- Promotes the body's natural immune defenses, liver function and detoxification.
Contains Selenium, which is an essential trace mineral that acts as an antioxidant to defend against excessive free radicals.
Contains the plant extracts Dionea, Astragalus, Milk Thistle, Phylanthus Amarius, and Uraria, and Olive Leaf to help maintain a healthy reaction to immune challenges.
Contains the amino acids L-Lysine and N-Acetyl Cysteine to promote optimal defense for seasonal immune challenges.
- Pair VRL Shield with ImmunoZinc and Vitamin D3/K2 when extra “oomph” is needed to fight off acute infections.
ImmunoZinc with Quercetin and the Immune System
- Promotes zinc delivery into the cells.
- Promotes the body's innate resistance to pathogens.
- Maintains a balanced inflammatory response.
- Quercetin is an antioxidant, supports the body's innate resistance against pathogens, and helps support normal inflammatory levels.
ImmunoZinc contains quercetin and EGCG which act as zinc ionophores. An ionophore promotes zinc delivery into the cell where it can support the body’s innate resistance to pathogens and overall immune health.
Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple stem and provides immunomodulatory effects and promotes normal inflammatory levels.
This formula was developed in 2020 based on studies examining the harmonious synergy between Quercetin, EGCG, and Zinc.
Lysine-C and the Immune System
- Vitamin C contributes to immune defense by supporting various cellular functions of both the innate and adaptive immune system. Vitamin C accumulates in phagocytic cells, such as neutrophils, and can support the body's innate resistance to pathogens.
- Vitamin C is combined with the amino acid Lysine for added immune support and a healthy, normal resistance to immune challenges.
Take daily for powerful long-term immune support.
Take higher doses for acute infections.
- Read more about Lysine C.
Mushroom Immune and the Immune System
- Mushrooms are some of the most effective immune-supportive foods becaues of their beta-glucan content.
- Contains Reishi, Maitake, Shiitake, and Turkey Tail mushroom extract.
- This product contains quercetin, curcumin, astragalus, and glutathione which are all involved in immune health.
- Take this all Fall and Winter long to build your defenses before travel, holiday gatherings, and large gatherings.
Glycophagen GI Wellness and the Immune System
- Take daily for gut immune support and to provide beneficial bacteria for a balanced gut microbiome.
- Supports the immune system within the gut microbiome at the site of the lymphatic ducts.
- Helps maintain healthy gut tissue.
- A gut-immune, gut-brain, gut-body product.
- A dairy-free powder that tastes great and easily dissolves in water.
Enviro-Adapt and the Immune System
- Helps occasional and seasonal allergies.
- Maintains normal histamine levels.
- Promotes healthy immune function and a healthy immune response.
- Fights the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Supports normal detoxification processes.
Lung+Immune and the Immune System
- Promotes overall immune health within the lung and respiratory system.
- Contains specific vitamins, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and detoxification-supporting nutrients for lung health.
- Octacosanol is one specific nutrient that promotes healthy oxygen utilization in the tissues of the body, such as the heart, muscles, lungs, and brain.
D3-K2 and the Immune System
- Vitamin D is an immune system modulator that maintains a normal inflammatory cytokine cascade and promotes macrophage function.
- Vitamin D also stimulates the expression of potent antimicrobial peptides (AMPs), which exist in neutrophils, monocytes, natural killer cells, and epithelial cells of the respiratory tract.
- Evidence suggests vitamin D supplementation may support the body's defense against upper respiratory infections.
Please let me know if you have any questions about these potent and effective immunity-supporting blends.
Kelly Harrington, MS, RDN
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist for Healthy Goods