The single most important thing you can do for your health is to take huge care of your microbiome. The trillions of bacteria in your gut are the driving force behind your health and so many horrible diseases you never want to have. The ingredients in this soup feed your good bacteria what they need and want to grow your microbiome. One caveat, buy organic ingredients. Non-organic fruits and vegetables contain different types of herbicides, pesticides. One of these harmful pesticides is glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup. Glyphosate assaults and destroys your good gut bacteria, and destroys your microbiome. I recommend doing what you can to avoid it in food by choosing organic.
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 large head of cauliflower
3 large garlic cloves
2 shallots sliced
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp sea salt, to taste
½ tsp black pepper
1 medium chopped onion
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup unsweetened, non-dairy milk, such as almond milk or coconut milk
Mint for Garnish
D I R E C T I O N S
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Wash Cauliflower, remove stems, and chop into 1 inch size pieces.
3. Add Cauliflower to a parchment lined baking sheet (if you don't have parchment paper, spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray).
4. Add Garlic and Shallots to baking sheet. Smash the garlic cloves with a knife.
5. Drizzle EVOO evenly over Cauliflower.
6. In a small bowl, combine Turmeric, Cumin, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper and sprinkle evenly over Cauliflower.
7. Bake 30 minutes, turning half way through. Cauliflower will be slightly browned and tender.
8. In the meanwhile, heat a medium-size pot over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon oil and onion, and cook until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the vegetable broth, non-dairy milk, and cooked cauliflower mixture to the pot.
9. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a low simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Remove some of the Cauliflower chunks and add to the soup later if you want a more chunkier soup.
12. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy.
13. Add Mint for Garnish.
If you want more delicious turmeric recipes, here are others from our collection:
Allergy Fighting Turmeric Twist Smoothie
Turmeric Ginger Latte
Soba Noodles with Kale and Turmeric Tahini Sauce
Coconut Turmeric Bites
Golden Turmeric Tea