- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- Warm honey slightly until the consistency of syrup. In a food processor, pulse honey, dates, cinnamon, and oats until oats are coarsely chopped.
- Scrape oat mixture into a medium bowl. Break up any clumps of dates and, if needed, chop any large date chunks. Stir in nuts, cranberries, and apples. Squeeze mixture into a ball. Line baking sheet with foil and oil foil. Using damp hands, firmly pat mixture onto foil into a compact 6- by 12-in. rectangle.
- Freeze until rectangle is firm enough to cut, about 20 minutes. Lift rectangle from foil to a work surface and cut into 16 bars. Wrap bars individually. They get moister and chewier after standing at least a day.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 week, chilled, or 1 month, frozen; for transport, pack in containers to protect them.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per bar.
Nutritional Information (Amount per serving):
- Calories: 149
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 2.6g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
By Terra Bistro of Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa, Vail, Colorado. Posted in Sunset Magazine and found here.