Dark green dinosaur (Tuscan) kale is less bitter than its curly-leaf cousin, but either type will work. Pumpkin seeds add a seasonal crunch.
- 1 bunch dinosaur or lacinato kale, stems removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup raw (or toasted) pumpkin seeds
In a large bowl, combine kale, olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt. Massage kale with your hands for a few minutes until it begins to soften and turn bright-dark green. Add remaining ingredients and season to taste with sea salt and pepper; toss gently to combine.
Serve cold or at room temperature.
PER SERVING: 257 cal, 21g fat (12g mono, 5g poly, 4g sat), 0mg chol, 6g protein, 12g carb, 3g fiber, 18mg sodium
Recipe courtesy of Jennifer Brewer at DeliciousLiving.com, found here.