Have you ever eating a Honey Mama’s cacao-nectar bar???? They are a decadent, rich chocolate treat, but full of the “good stuff” too. I see a similarity in the Honey Mama bars and this adaptogen-rich raw fudge recipe.
1 cup pitted dates (about 10-12)
½ cup nut butter (ie: almond)
3 Tbsp cacao powder, try this Peruvian cacao powder
2 Tbsp cold-pressed organic coconut oil, melted but not hot
¼ tsp vanilla
½ tsp Saigon cinnamon
1 Tbsp ashwagandha powder
1 Tbsp maca powder
a pinch of sea salt
1. Blend the dates in a food processor until they become a paste. If you don’t have a food processor, use a fork to smash them. Do not soak dates, as the water will cause the chocolate to seize up.
2. Add the nut butter and coconut oil, and pulse until combined.
3. Next dd the cacao, salt, vanilla, maca and ashwagandha. Pulse until combined.
4. Take the mixture, and using waxed paper or parchment, form it into a bar shape. Wrap well and freeze until firm.
5. Once set, slice into bite sized pieces. Feel free to add some garnish.
6. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Garnish ideas: goji berries, lavender, a pinch of chili powder, dried rose petals, hemp seeds, shredded coconut