You won't find a higher natural source of vitamin C anywhere else! The camu camu berry is also high in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. This makes it great for supporting your immune system and supporting healthy skin. Manuka honey is added for its ability to promote the body's innate resistance to pathogens. It's also soothing to the digestive system.
This is a great way to sneak vitamin C into you or your little one's diet. Enjoy!
3½ to 4½ tablespoons gelatin
1 cup filtered water
Zest of 1 lemon or orange
1-2 tablespoons Manuka honey
¾ cup lemon, orange, or lemonade juice
1 to 1½ tablespoons camu camu powder
1. Mix the gelatin and filtered water together in a small saucepan. Set aside for a couple minutes and allow it to thicken and ‘bloom’. The more gelatin you add, the harder your gummies will turn out.
2. Once the gelatin and water have thickened, add the saucepan to the stovetop and dissolve the gelatin on low heat.
3. Once the gelatin has completely dissolved, remove from the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Then stir through all the other ingredients to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into a pouring jug (for ease) and carefully pour the mix into little molds. Place in the fridge to set. Depending on the size of your molds, it will make around 50-60 bite-sized gummies.
5. When they have set, remove the gummies from their molds and place into an air-tight container, and keep in the fridge.
Recipe courtesy of Changing Habits