This cool treat plays nicely with fruit, almond-based desserts and chocolate. We love the specks of vanilla bean!
Matcha is a gorgeous, jewel-green powder from high-quality green tea leaves. Rich in antioxidants, it has a smooth taste and unique potency since whole tea leaves are finely ground.
Makes 3 cups
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 2¼ cups unsweetened non-dairy milk; divide into 2 cups and ¼ cup
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped from inside
- ¾ cup sugar, or try coconut palm sugar
- 4 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 Tbsp organic cornstarch
1. Bring 2 cups milk, coconut milk, vanilla bean, and seeds to a boil in saucepan. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar, then matcha.
2. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk with cornstarch in bowl. Whisk into matcha mixture. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes, or until thickened. Transfer to bowl, and place sheet of plastic wrap directly on top of liquid. Cool, then chill.
3. Discard vanilla bean halves. Churn liquid in ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
Recipe from Vegetarian Times, here.