Morning, sunshine! Let's mix up breakfast with these elegant sweet-or-savory crepes to keep you full & focused.
Recipe from popsugar.com, here.
Yields: Four very large crepes or two servings
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend them until thoroughly combined. Alternatively, you can combine the ingredients in a large bowl and use your immersion blender to blend them.
3. Pour the batter into a hot skillet and swirl it around to create a large, thin circle.
4. Let the crepe cook until bubbles in the batter begin to pop, gently easing up the sides every few moments, about three minutes or less. The crepe is pretty delicate at this point, but you will get the hang of it!
5. Flip the crepe (it should be slightly golden) and cook the other side until it's firm when touched, another two minutes or so.
6. Fill and enjoy!
Alternate Recipe Using Protein Powder:
From Men's Fitness, here.
- 1 cup egg whites or 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Optional: vanilla bean powder or cinnamon
Mix all crepe ingredients together and pour batter in a hot, greased pan. Flip each crepe after the bottoms bubble. Remove promptly when each side is cooked.
Sweet Filling Ideas:
- Ricotta, almonds and apricot jam
- Warm apples and cinnamon
- Whipped cream with meyer lemon
- Mango slices with lime coconut cream
- Bananas, coconut cream and a sprinkle of vanilla bean powder
Savory Filling Ideas:
- Sauteed mushrooms & spinach
- Curried rice and lentils
- Ham & poached egg
- Asparagus & gruyere
- Ricotta, tomato and basil