Sometimes, you just need your veggies. This recipe has just the right balance of heat and sweet (not too sweet, thanks to low-glycemic coconut palm sugar). We love it over steamed rice!
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1 cup halved crimini mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Handful green beans, trimmed
1. In a small bowl, whisk together chili paste, sugar, and soy sauce. Set aside.
2. Into a wok over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add ginger and let cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, scallions, broccoli, and green beans. Put a lid on wok and let cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Toss and continue to cook and toss without a lid for another 2 minutes.
3. Add sauce and toss again. Cook for another 3 minutes until liquid has cooked off and vegetables are tender.
Recipe from Greatist, here.