This rich and decadent dessert is absolutely delicious! Bring this lovely, moist "cake" to any gathering and it'll be the hit of the party.
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Grate carrots very finely for a total of three cups.
- Place carrots in large bowl.
- Place two cups of pecans in a food processor, grind finely, then add to bowl with carrots.
- Next, add raisins to food processor, then add to bowl.
- Next, place dates and orange juice in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Pour mixture onto dehydrator sheet and shape into a one-layered cake (rectangular or round).
- Place cake in dehydrator for at least 8 hours (but no more than 12 hours) to dehydrate. Set temperature to 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend all frosting ingredients well.
- When the cake is ready, spread frosting on cake and sprinkle nutmeg on top.
- Slice and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of GoneRaw.com, found here.