Blend up this delicious, low-cal, dairy-free dessert in about 3 minutes. Everyone, grab a spoon!
Ingredients for Easy Ice Dream
- 4 peeled, frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 cup almond milk (or water)
Ingredients for Quick Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon water
1. To make the ice cream: cut the frozen bananas into 1-inch chunks. Put in a high-speed blender with the vanilla and almond milk (or water). Blend until it becomes the consistency of soft serve ice cream. It may not seem like it will get to this stage, but it happens quickly and then all of a sudden your blender is full of a creamy, thick, white ice cream! Scoop this into a bowl.
2. To make the drizzle: stir the ingredients together until smooth, it will take a second for the cacao to combine with the liquid. Drizzle on your ice cream and enjoy! Add whatever else you like: berries, almond butter, cinnamon, cacao nibs, chia seeds, hemp seeds, coconut...
On hand substitutions:
- No cacao? Try carob powder or cocoa powder
- There's cashew milk in the fridge but no almond milk? Go ahead, use it. Or rice milk, brazil nut milk, etc.
- Out of vanilla bean powder? 1st, go and order some right away, then substitute vanilla extract
Recipe and notes courtesy of MindBodyGreen.com, found here: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-18174/banana-vanilla-soft-serve-with-dark-chocolate-drizzle.html