Grass-Fed Beef Liver Capsules, 180ct
- Buy 2 for $31.46 each and save 10%
- Grass-fed, beef liver is a first-class complete protein, providing abundant amounts of vitamins A, B12, and iron.
- Liver promotes red blood cell and hemoglobin formation, which is important for energy production.
- Liver is a complete protein which promotes muscular strength and the growth of healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Grass-Fed Beef Liver Capsules
What makes liver so wonderful? Quite simply, it contains more nutrients, gram for gram, than any other food in the world.
Health Benefits of Liver
- An excellent source of high-quality, complete protein.
- Supports healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Promotes energy production.
- Nature’s most concentrated source of vitamin A, which supports immune, reproduction, and vision health.
- An excellent sources of folate (the natural form)
- One of the best sources of the trace mineral copper
There are several nutrients in liver involved in immune health.
Liver is one of the few food sources naturally high in vitamin A. Eating foods high in beta-carotene is not the same because it is poorly converted to vitamin A.
Vitamin A has an important role in immune function and overall immune health. It is a pro-hormone immune modulator, meaning it is not officially a hormone but functions a lot like one. Vitamin A supports respiratory health and is essential for the proper development of the immune cells in our body known as phagocytes (neutrophils and macrophages).
Vitamin A is also a potent antioxidant, which helps the body remove free radicals and toxins before they can cause more damage to tissues in the body.
Iron and Cooper
Liver also contains iron and copper, two minerals important for immune function. Copper deficiency results in a decreased number of neutrophils and impaired immune function. Iron deficiency compromises the ability of neutrophils to kill bacteria.
Skin, Hair, Nails
Liver’s ability to promotes healthy skin, hair, and nails is for a couple reasons. First, liver contains all nine essential amino acids, which makes it a complete protein. In particular, liver is naturally high in methionine, an amino acid vital for health of skin, hair, and nails. Second, the high amount of retinol – the active form of vitamin A – supports skin health through its antioxidant properties.
Liver is an excellent source of heme iron, which is a highly usable form of iron. Iron holds oxygen and delivers it to all the cells of the body for energy production. Iron and vitamin B12 are both necessary for the formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin. When someone is low in iron, replenishing stores with a real food source is ideal, and liver is a great option.
Liver also contains high levels of B vitamins, including Riboflavin, which convert food energy into chemical energy within the body’s cells. Riboflavin is also involved in fat metabolism.
High-Quality, Complete Protein
Liver provides high-quality, easy-to-digest, complete protein. Liver meat from beef has a whopping 23 grams of protein per 4-ounce serving.
If you want to grow muscle and make gains in muscular strength, you need to eat protein. Beef liver contains all the essential amino acids to build important proteins like collagen and synthesize vital hormones and chemical messengers. It also provides the three branched-chain amino acids.
The Liver and Detoxification
One of the roles of the liver is to neutralize toxins (such as drugs, unwanted chemical, and heavy metals); but the liver does not store toxins. Poisonous compounds the body cannot neutralize and eliminate are likely to lodge in the fatty tissues and the nervous system. The liver is not a storage organ for toxins, but it is a storage organ for many important nutrients (vitamins A, D, E, K, B12 and folate, and minerals such as copper and iron). These nutrients provide the body with some of the tools it needs to get rid of toxins. Here are additional nutrients to support liver health.
Why Go Grass-Fed?
“Grass fed” isn’t just a buzzword; there are numerous legitimate reasons why it’s the preferred choice with beef products. Grass-fed beef has a more favorable fatty-acid composition than that of grain-fed beef.
Eating grass is a more natural diet for cows than eating the “feed” used in conventional beef production (ie: soy and corn). Plus, soy and corn are often from GMO seed. As a result, grass-fed cows will product healthier, higher quality beef that is leaner and richer in its vital nutrients. In addition, grass-fed beef has a far lower carbon footprint than its factory-farmed equivalent.
Who May be Interested in Taking Liver Capsules?
- Paleo diet friendly
- Carnivore diet friendly
- Weston A. Price followers
- Individuals who want to:
- increase their iron store
- consume more natural vitamin A
- provide immune support
- increase muscular strength
- support normal vision
- promote healthy hair, skin, nails
Additional Details about the Healthy Goods Grass-Fed Liver Capsules
- The liver is derived from free-range cows only fed natural grass in Argentina
- Made from desiccated beef liver powder, undefeated (fat has not been removed).
- It does not contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and is not manufactured with GMOs.
Directions for Use
Take 1 capsule per day or as directed by your healthcare professional