Everyone loves a good frozen yogurt, but for diabetics or those who don't eat dairy, finding a suitable frozen yogurt dessert is difficult! Using the coconut yogurt makes this frozen yogurt a yummy dairy-free treat, and the recipe is naturally low in sugar as-is.
- 3 cups 2% plain organic Greek yogurt (or non-dairy Greek coconut milk yogurt). Make your own for both too! Cultures for Health vegan yogurt starter culture and Cultures for Health greek yogurt starter culture
- ½ tsp liquid stevia extract, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sweetener, coconut milk, cinnamon, and coconut extract. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let the mixture chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions for frozen yogurt.
In the last 5 minutes of the maker's cycle, add the shredded coconut.