I love these fat bomb cookies. They're bursting with healthy fats, which I love because fat is excellent for your body, adds a lot of flavor to food, and is important for keeping you full and satiated.
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 Tbsp macadamia or other oil (avocado works well)
- ½ tsp liquid stevia, or to taste
- ½ cup shredded coconut or almond meal
- 1 large egg (or vegan egg)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup diabetic-friendly dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a food processor or high-powered blender, grind nuts until they resemble coarse meal. Add oil and continue to process until mixture becomes smooth.
Shape by hand into 1 inch balls and then flatten with the palm of your hand to about ¼ inch thick. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until just golden brown around the edges and beginning to set on top.
Remove and let cool completely before serving.