Recipe from rawfoodrecipes.com, here.
- 1 Young Thai Coconut
- High quality probiotic powder or capsule (we love Sunbiotics Vanilla Probiotics)
- Open up one young coconut and scoop out the flesh.
- Pop the flesh in a sieve and rinse well, taking care to peel off any of the husk still attached.
- Add the meat to a blender and empty in the contents of one dairy-free probiotic capsule.
- Whizz till nice and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a jar or bowl, and cover the mouth loosely with a breathable fabric. Put the jar somewhere where it's reasonably warm, but not in direct sunlight.
- Leave the mixture to culture for up to 12 hours, after this point, you can taste it to see if its ready, it should be a little sour.
- Move to the fridge to stop the culturing process – you now have a perfectly natural, dairy free, probiotic filled yogurt!
- Serve with fresh fruits or raw granola.
How to Open A Coconut:
- Take a really solid knife (a meat cleaver is great, though I personally use an 8 inch Chef’s knife) and place your coconut on a smooth, non-slippery surface.
- Hold it firmly with one hand, around the base, not the pointed top.
- Take a good swing with the heel of the knife into one side of the coconut – you don’t need to raise your hands above your head or anything – it is all in the wrist!
- Keep chopping till you feel like you’ve cut through a little.
- Spin the coconut around and create a second incision. Spin the coconut again and repeat till you have four cuts in the top to create a ‘lid’.
- Now use the tip of the knife to flip the lid up. Drain the water and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.