These quick vegan tacos sure do hit the spot - mild heat, big flavors and ultra-fresh ingredients.
Recipe from Vegetarian Times, here.
Makes 8 Tacos
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1½ tsp. ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 8 oz. pkg. tempeh, cubed
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 8 6-inch soft corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage, for garnish
- 2 cups prepared salsa, for garnish
1. To make sauce: Purée all ingredients and 1/4 cup water in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make tacos: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add tempeh, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in chili powder and cumin.
3. Serve tempeh mixture with tortillas; garnish with cabbage, salsa, and Sauce.