In the middle of winter, we could all use a mini-vacation. Take one with this healthy tropical oatmeal.
Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens, pg. 78, Jan. 2016
Makes 6 servings
- 6 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups steel-cut oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 3 Cara Cara oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut chips
- 1/3 cup honey
1. In a 4-quart slow cooker, stir together milk, oats, and 1 tsp salt.
2. Cover; cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
3. To serve, stir in chia seeds and top with pineapple, oranges, yogurt, and coconut. Drizzle with honey.
4. Pretend you're enjoying it in a hammock on the beach.