Place this chili cheese dip on the Super Bowl appetizer table and it will get devoured, and I promise, NOBODY will know it doesn't contain cheese! In fact, with heart-healthy cashews and nutrient-packed bell pepper as the base of this cip, it's completely guilt-free.
Serves: ~6 cups
1½ cups cashews, soaked for at least an 1 hour, drained
1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (I used almond)
2 tsp. chili powder
¼ cup nutritional yeast
¼ cup minced onion
2 tbsp. taco seasoning
2 15 oz. cans, black beans, rinsed and drained
12 oz. fresh salsa
Optional garnishes: cilantro, sliced green onions.
1. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
2. Place the cashews, orange bell pepper, milk, chili powder, and nutritional yeast in a high powered blender. Puree until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
3. In a large saucepan, add the minced onion, taco seasoning, black beans and fresh salsa over medium heat. Stir constantly until heated through, about 7-8 minutes.
4. Add in the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
5. Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed.
6. Garnish as desired and serve with chips and fresh veggies.
This recipe makes a lot but it's the perfect amount for your Super Bowl party.
Recipe courtesy of delish knowledge