This cool, creamy float is the perfect drink for these warm months, and so much healthier than the notorious root beer float. Kombucha is a bubbly fermented tea that supports digestion, thanks to live probiotics. Kombucha comes in a rainbow of flavors for every mood - and season. Choose your favorite!
Makes 1 float
For the float:
• 1 cup your favorite kombucha
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/8 tsp. vanilla powder)
• 5 drops liquid stevia
• 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
• 1/3 cup Cacao Ice Cream, or your favorite chocolate or vanilla ice cream
For the Cacao Ice Cream:
• 1, 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk (do not substitute with light)
• 1 frozen banana
• 2 tablespoons a natural sweetener (honey, monk fruit, maple syrup)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder)
• 1/3 cup cacao powder
• 1 tablespoon vodka (optional)
Superfood Boost: Add 2 teaspoons of maca to the blender before freezing for an extra depth of flavor and additional energizing properties.
To Make Cacao Ice Cream:
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth and creamy. For best results, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
(Alternatively, simply transfer the mixture to a container and freeze, covered, until frozen through, churning the mixture by hand, every 30 minutes or so, for 3 hours to help create a fluffier ice cream.) Store the ice cream in the freezer, and let it soften at room temperature for a couple of minutes before serving.
To Make The Kombucha Float:
1. In a measuring cup with a spout, stir together the kombucha, vanilla extract, and stevia.
2. In a 16-ounce serving glass or mason jar, place a spoonful of raspberries, followed by a spoonful of cacao ice cream, and layer each of these ingredients about 4 times. Slowly pour in the kombucha—it will foam up immediately but settle quickly. Enjoy this ice cream float right away!
Recipe from Mother Earth Living, here.